A brief overview
It can help you avoid fines and lawsuits
- European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- The California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA);
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA); and
- Nevada's Revised Statutes Chapter 603A and SB220.
These laws were created to protect the consumers of those states and countries, not the businesses This means that these laws can apply to businesses outside of those states and countries and may apply to you if you collect the personal information of or enter into transactions with consumers from the European Union, California or Nevada.
Fines for violations of privacy laws start at $2,500 per violation (per website visitor).
New privacy bills and their effect
If your website gets inquiries from across state lines, your business may be required to comply with multiple state privacy laws.
The solution: Termageddon
An auto-updating privacy tool
- Terms of Service;
- Disclaimer; and
- End User License Agreement.
All of my website care plans include a license to Termageddon at no additional cost.